Thursday, June 10, 2010

Training training training

It's Thursday evening and I am watching the end of the Laker game. It's not looking like a good evening in Los Angeles.

I have been doing pretty good with my training so far. Sunday was a great hike with Ken and the dogs! We didn't do the whole 8.22 mile loop, but we ended up doing much harder trails and covering about 5 miles. We hiked up some really steep trails through the trees at Redwood Regional Park. It was a great workout and a whole lot of fun. Afterwards we went over to Pedro and Melody's for dinner and learned that our good canine companion Blue had passed away. He was 15 years old and used to love hiking. He is already dearly missed.

I guess I may have overdone it on the weekend. I was really tired on Monday and kept getting headaches all day. I didn't work out at all and evening took Tuesday off of work to rest. We went to the dog park and did a nice long walk around there. Wednesday though was a different story. I felt so much better on Wednesday and I really wanted to go for a long hike. The dogs and I headed out to Wildcat Canyon and did over nine miles! I know I really need to build up my mileage and the incline of my hikes to prepare for Utah! This felt really good.

Saturday the team heads out to San Francisco for a hike on the Coast trail. I can't wait. =)

I have been so touched by all the donations from my friends and family. I feel truly blessed. I never expected so much generosity from those around me. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment