Monday, June 14, 2010

Coastal Trail! Naked time!

It's been a busy couple of days around here. Saturday morning was my first hike with the whole team! This time I brought my friend Melody along for the hike.

The morning started out pretty slow. We sat through this hour long presentation at Sports Basement on hikerly attire. It was long and boring. I know there are quite a few people on our team that don't know anything about what to wear on a hike. So I suppose it was necessary. And the guy who gave the talk was cute.

Then we started our hike! We went all along the coastal trail for a couple miles. Up and down tons of stairs with beautiful views of the Golden Gate bridge. I got to meet a couple more people on the team which was nice. I am really enjoying getting to know everybody. I think I really impressed everybody with my crazy curly hair and my fundraising. I passed around a photo of me from college when I had long straight hair. And mentioned how much I had fundraised so far. So either I impressed them or I made them want to pull out my hair and stomp on it. Oh well.

We ended the hike with a potluck. I made edamame sandwiches for everyone. I never know what people are going to think when I bust out something random and vegan. But every sandwich was eaten! I know I will be making that again.

Sunday I was so exhausted. I have been having a lot of trouble training. I'll go for a really good hike and then the next day I am beat. I mean really beat. I do fine when I am out there and then I seem to take a long time to recover. Ken says I shouldn't get discouraged by it and that rest is just as important as exercise. I guess I am just so excited to be out there that I try too hard. On Sunday I rested most of the day. Then the family went to the beach for a couple hours which for some reason made me feel a million times better. Today was a nice long walk at the dog park followed by a delicious sweet potato shepard's pie! Tomorrow we go for a 3 hour hike at Wildcat Canyon.

I am going to steal my parent's camera for the rest of the season so hopefully I have some good photos to show soon from the next hike!

Did I mention that there were a lot of naked people at Baker beach? Naturally they were all the people one doesn't want to see naked. But naked they were. I am secretly jealous of their inner freedom to be naked in public.

No comments:

Post a Comment